Adult Bible Study
At St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, we believe that an exploration of scripture is crucial to the life of any seeker who is exploring matters of faith for the first time, and for the disciple who is further along their walk with Christ. St. Paul’s adult Bible study program includes Sunday morning Sunday school classes (link to Sunday school classes here). Our programming also includes classes and groups that meet in the evening on a short term basis that vary in terms of length, commitment to weekly attendance, and homework options.
Classes that have been offered in the past that are representative of the types of classes we offer on a regular basis are:
- Disciple Bible Study (32 weeks, high commitment, 30 minutes of daily homework)
- Introduction to the Old Testament (8 weeks, high commitment, 15 minutes of daily homework)
- Introduction to the New Testament (8 week class, high commitment, 15 minutes of daily homework)
- Studies of books of the Bible (8 week class, low commitment, no homework)
- Christianity 101 (12 week class, low commitment, no homework)
- Creating an Intimate Marriage (6 week class, high commitment, 15 minutes of daily homework)
- Parenting with Purpose (6 week class, high commitment, 30 minutes of weekly homework)
- Covenant Discipleship Groups (ongoing, high commitment, no homework)
- Various topical groups that focus on current worship themes as well as other topics of interest to the spiritual life
- Various groups that focus on the Christian faith and life skills
It is our intention to consistently offer classes that help adults grow in faith and knowledge while also providing a forum for interaction with others with whom you can be in relationship.